Friday, December 23, 2011

Keck's Candy Shop

I decided that I was going to do some serious holiday baking this year and I actually followed through. My Mom used to make a whole list of holiday goodies every year with my sister Holly and me, so I naturally want to do the same with my children. Kate didn't get to help too much yet this year, but I still wanted her to know that this is a part of Christmas at our house.
Some of the recipes are from the items that we used to make with my Mom: peanut butter pinwheel fudge, graham cracker toffee bark, and coconut joys. I also made caramel pecan clusters, which is a fabulous and top secret recipe from my sister Holly, a toffee recipe from my dear friend Wendy Tuckness in California, and sugar cookies made with some tips from my sister-in-law Laurie.

After MANY, MANY hours in the kitchen and a lot of help from John, we finally finished baking and had some really delicious treats to eat and share. Santa sure is in for a treat this year!




Lots of ingredients to get us started





Our bottle of wine is festive too!



Getting started with sugar cookies




Kate playing around while I bake




This recipe didn't turn out quite right, but John preferred it this way. So from now on, our graham cracker toffee bark will be a little extra gooey.









More playing






Kate's first attempt at making a Christmas sugar cookie.








Can you guess which one is hers?






John even made some cookies of his own.








While Kate was waiting, she played dress up with her bibs. She likes to wear ALL of them.







Kate's cookie is ready to eat!





 YUM!




All our hard work!



 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment